Forms, Tax Statements and Account Information FAQ

How can I learn more about investment terminology?

Visit our Glossary† for explanations on everything from Alpha to Zero Coupon Security. The information provided is intended for mutual fund investors and is general in nature. Please refer to the prospectus for terms relative to a specific fund.

Where can I download a form or application?

Select Resources in the top navigation and then select Forms and Applications. Filter or search for the form you want, then download and print the necessary forms.

Can I download my account information to my financial planning software?

Yes, login to your account. Select History from the Account Info drop down menu and select Go. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Download. Choose the file format you wish to use and select Continue. To complete the download, select Download Now. Don't have account access? Register now.

I did not receive my account statement/tax form.

Call Shareholder Services to request the desired information. Or view your transaction history and download recent tax forms by registering for online access.

Can I view my statement online?

Yes, by registering, you can view and print your statements.

Where is my account number located on my statement?

Your account number is located in the account detail/account summary section of your statement. This section starts on the first page of your statement about 2/3 of the way down the page. Your account number follows the name of your fund and is a four digit number followed by a dash then a 10 digit number.

Ex: Columbia Large Cap Growth Fund A 0803-XXXXXXXXXX.

Why can't I link my children's UTMA/UGMA accounts together through the website?

Even if you are the custodian of more than one child’s account, UTMA/UGMA accounts are individually owned by the minor. We do not allow combined information of two separate customers to be available online to both of them. Read more in our privacy policy (PDF).

How far back can you research account history?

Shareholder Services can assist with inquiries going back 18 months. Requests that go beyond this point need to be initiated in writing. As a large majority of the funds within our family have come to us through mergers, the dates of history will vary from fund to fund.

What is your mailing address?

We have one address for regular mail and one for expedited delivery. Check out our Contact Us section for the addresses or more ways to get in contact with us.

What is your policy regarding foreign investors?

Effective August 14, 2006, transactions for shareholders who hold accounts with a foreign address or an invalid U.S. taxpayer identification number are limited to redemptions only. This means that these shareholders will not be permitted to:

  • Purchase additional shares either directly, through a broker/dealer, or via an automatic investment plan.
  • Exchange shares to either new or existing accounts.
  • Transfer shares to either new or existing accounts unless the address of the receiving account is within the United States.

The review was prompted by SEC regulations regarding anti-money laundering that require we certify the identity of every registered shareholder and entity account. Based on the difficulty of certifying accounts and individuals registered outside the United States, our policy was revised on April 3, 2006. We no longer accept any new account application that does not have an address within the United States or its territories and a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number.

Please note, the restrictions will be removed for shareholders with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number, who maintain an address outside the United States or its territories that later change their address to one within the United States or its territories. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Shareholder Services.

Contact Us